Tuesday, January 31, 2023

There is no Shame in Regifting







If you give me a gift that I can't use or don't want or need, I'm giving it to someone else.

Unapologetically.

To me, regifting something just means I didn't have to go out and buy a gift, so that becomes a gift in itself. 

I have regifted lots of things to my guests over the years. We don't drink wine. I have received more bottles of wine than I can remember, as gifts. Every one of those bottles was regifted to a guest or a friend. It went to someone who enjoyed it, and it saved me the time, effort and expense of having to buy something. That is a gift! Besides, what am I going to do with it? 

I don't regift everything. Handmade items always remain with me because of the time, talent and energy put into them. On the flip side, I give lots of gifts. I love giving gifts. If people regift them, I'm fine with that. 

It's also better for your wallet and the environment. Less waste, less stuff. 

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate gifts very much. If I'm given a gift, it's rarely the "thing" given that touches my heart. It might sound corny, I'm sure it does, but if someone thinks enough of me to give me anything at all, that's enough for me. 

It's not about the things given, it's about the love the things are given with. So, give with love and regift with love because either way, it just keeps the love flowing.

There is no shame in that. 

More at hiddencottageatlinncroft.com

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! I have friends who even recently said they have to find where they put a gift that someone gave them because that person was visiting and they had to put it out. So, I am the person that says to never think you need to keep a gift I gave you. Regifting is fine, donating to a thrift store with it or simply hand it back and say no thanks.Touching someone is the greatest gift.

    ReplyDelete