Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Getting Back in the Kitchen

Now that I've decided where I'm putting One Li'l Kitchen, I need to decide what I'm going to stock the kitchen with, in terms of retail food items. I have lots of ideas. We'll see which of them work.














It's going to be a bit more than making food and then packaging it for sale.

I'll have to develop a menu with regularly appearing favorites and a rotation of seasonal items. There will definitely be baked goods and comfort foods, but people really look for other options too.  

I will have to consider ways to include some gluten-friendly, dairy-free, low sugar, etc., items and make sure my customers know I can take special requests. 

I'll have to start with something delicious that I think others will buy and enjoy eating too, and then create a recipe. Historically, I've been really bad at creating an actual recipe.

I wonder if I can find anyone to taste test any of these creations? Maybe I'll have to survey "the neighborhood."  What do you think I should stock in One Li'l Kitchen?

Then some testing, experimenting and more testing and then writing it all down once I think it's just about perfect. Then onto cost analysis to find out what I need to be charging for ingredients and labor. 

It sounds like I'll be doing as much math as cooking. I wasn't really great at math. I've got my work cut out for me, for sure. 

I'll report my progress and share some recipes. Wish me luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment