Monday, June 26, 2023

The Kitchenette-Cottage Progress

We picked out cabinets for the kitchenette over the weekend. We went with basic, unfinished cabinets and upon inspection, these got Andy's seal of approval. 

The kitchenette in the cottage will be equipped with:  

        Major Appliances:
  •     Sink with spray nozzle and Insinkerator disposal
  •     Dishwasher
  •     26" Refrigerator/freezer
  •     Convection microwave

        Small Appliances: 

  •     French press/Electric coffee maker/Stovetop espresso maker/Pour-over coffee pot (my guests seem to like a lot of coffee options)

  •     2-burner hot plate
  •     Toaster
  •     Blender
  •     Small crockpot
  •     Electric tea kettle
  •     Hand mixer
It will also offer our guests:
  •     Excellent storage/Lazy Susan/Open shelving
  •     Teak butcher block countertops

  •     Tile backsplash

I went with basic, no-frills cabinets that I will paint myself. Andy plans to trim out the upper cabinets with some crown moulding and I think he might have a couple of other finishing tricks up his sleeve that will really make my basic cabinets seem more special. The pretty tile, nicer hardware and teak butcher block countertops should really dress up the kitchenette too. 




The color I'm choosing for the cabinets is a custom color that will have a hint more blue in it. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it all comes together. 

We are going with luxury vinyl plank tile in the living/kitchenette area of the cottage. It is for commercial use so it has to have floors that will stand up to our guests' "enjoyment" of the place! They also need to be water-tight. 

I did a lot of shopping around to find what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay and used some other bargain-hunting tricks like rebates and clearance items to knock the price down on the kitchenette. 

We haven't purchased everything yet, because I think I can get a little more knocked off waiting for sales. 

After it was all laid out with my estimate, Andy was thrilled with the price tag. I mean, thrilled. 


No comments:

Post a Comment