Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Back to the Project-Cottage Progress

We have returned from the second trip of our "big travel year 2023." I'll write more about it in a future post, but for now, here is where things are with our building projects!

The cement still has not been poured for the foundation of the garage/mother-in-law apartment. This time the holdup was the plumber. The entire time we were in South Africa, nothing moved. 

Ugh. Argh. Grrr.

Moving on. 

The plumber is here today laying out all of his work so the foundation can be poured. Things are ready to go so hopefully once we clear this hurdle, we will see more action.

We are doing demolition on the addition for the cottage project. 

 

 




Andy took out a small section of wall and we are working on a new doorway, which will lead to the "master" in the cottage. 

We still have a closet and a wall to take out and a new wall to put in, but we have some electric to move first. New subfloor, new doors and windows, new flooring, all coming. 

I am discovering new ways to hurt myself with tools. 

I want it to move faster, but I remind myself to be patient and grateful. It's happening. 

I used a sledgehammer to punch holes through walls. No turning back now!

More at hiddencottageatlinncroft.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment