Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Inside the Cottage-First Peek, Let's Talk Banquettes

So, we have the main living space of the cottage nearly cleared and will start tearing up carpet in that room soon.

If you look closely at the ceiling above the window over to the corner, you can see clear signs of the mold issue that will have to be mitigated. You can also see where the wall and floor have separated near the baseboards. This will require leveling the floors throughout the addition. There is definitely repair work to do here.


Where the current window is now, we will install a set of French doors leading out to a small deck/patio. To the right of that will be a built-in banquette that Andy will construct. I would like it to have storage under the seating for things like paper products, cleaning supplies, clean linens, etc. 

I'm going for "Modern Farmhouse." I know everyone seems to be saying "Farmhouse Style" is on its way out, but I live on a farm. This is a farmhouse. I'm going with what I know...with a fresh perspective, maybe? Hopefully. We'll see. 

Here is the current proposed floorplan of the Hidden Cottage: 



And here are some banquettes for inspiration. Let me know what you think! Which do you like best and why? 






More at hiddencottageatlinncroft.com

2 comments:

  1. I love all the options, but I think the bottom, white with pillows or below that are my favorite. It just looks bright and clean. I would love to sit there and drink coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those too! I wonder about the practicality of so much fabric in the eating area, but fabrics have come a long way. Maybe time to look for something that looks cute, but cleans up well!

    ReplyDelete